Unsuccessful updates

Please use this thread to report any issues that are relating to the post installation of an update
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 am

Hi all

For one reason or another, sometimes one is unsuccessful in installing their updates..unstable internet, antivirus flagging the wrong files, etc.. Cyril has built a backup for you so you can always revert to the last version very quickly.

1) head over to the PRISM program folder
2) find Prism.exe and Prism.enu
3) delete them and press OK on the message that appears.
4) in the same folder, locate Prism.exe.old and Prism.enu.old
5) right click on each file and press "rename"
6) a) rename prism.exe.old to prism.exe
b) rename prism.eny.old to prism.enu
7) start PRISM manually.

Any questions, please ask away.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
nwdiver1@gmail.com

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 pm

I have had 2 copies of Prism Pro software running.. one on the observatory computer and one on the computer I use remote desktop to connect to the observatory machine.. I did the update on both, one worked one did not. The Observatory machine did not update correctly. I removed the software from the machine and reinstalled the software and it asked for my Key which worked well until I closed the program and got this error

"Error:database registry is corrupted, cannot write prism License Key"

I would like to know how to get this fixed as the program thinks I am in the 80 day review process and once this is fixed I would now like to transfer the set up details from the "working" machine to the machine with the new install.. so need help to copy the configuration information to the newly installed software.

Eric
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:23 pm

thanks for the report Eric., we are looking into it now.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Cyril Cavadore
Site Admin

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Now, Jul 17th, the service has been resumed. Sorry for the convenience, this was due to our web / ftp site provider that moved us to another cluster, and some links were broken. Only them can fix this, and this took too much time, but now this is back in service.
Cyril Cavadore
Principal Prism Author,
Alcor-System
www.alcor-system.com