Automated Process Error

Please use this thread to report any issues that are relating to the post installation of an update
millermk32

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:58 pm

After being unable to image for about a week due to clouds, tonight was perfect until I ran into the error below for the automated process.

I can image manually but not using the automated process, which I have successfully used many times prior to tonight. I did the normal troubleshooting (rebooting, running as admin, etc) to no avail. I even reinstalled Prism and the error is the same. Anyone have ideas on how to remedy?

Merrel
Error.JPG
millermk32

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:47 pm

To close the loop on this problem, after doing some manual images and looking at every possible thing that might have changed, I found that I had checked the Weather Management check box (under Image Grab Options) when I was using my AAG Cloud monitor. I subsequently decided to not use the AAG and thus took it out of the hardware settings but didn't uncheck the box in the Automated Observations settings. By unchecking it, the Automated Observations process now works as it previously had. Thanks to those who devoted a little thought time to reading my post. I'll still get a few hours imaging tonight as a consolation. :D
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:14 pm

I appreciate your spirit :lol: . Did antyhing change before the automatic observation started? something disconnected maybe?
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
millermk32

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:03 pm

It was a "funny" looking error which didn't indicate to me that it was a hardware issue. Ultimately, it was my own doing as I took the AAG Cloudwatcher out of my settings but not in the Automated Observation process. Once I found it and started back up, I imaged until 4:00am. Thanks.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:58 pm

that's great Mike. It was probably the error from "pause and resume observation" that was checked.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com