confused version installation?

Please use this thread to report any issues that are relating to the post installation of an update
keving

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:24 am

I am unable to install the latest version because of errors about the incorrect .enu file...

I then follow the instructions in this forum section about reverting to the previous installation, and I can then run Prism.

However, I get a message telling me 'This beta version has expired... Please ask a new release, in the meantime the software goes back to 10'. But the banner at the top of the main window says its 'v11 Beta'.

If I check for updates, it tells me its up to date!

It seems like it has managed to get itself confused....
any thoughts?

Kevin
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 am

you are running a beta version as being a part of the beta group, am I correct? If I am right, this means that the timer has expired on the beta version which is set to 30 days.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
keving

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am

I had probably forgotten I was part of this group... I did an update when prompted yesterday, and it installed OK. But presumably this is still a beta version (it says so in the banner).
Can I install the stable release by just going the website?

Kevin
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 pm

Cyril has devised a very clever way to activate and de-activate the beta. Just follow these simple steps:
  • Create a shortcut for PRISM on your desktop
  • Right click on it and select "priorities"
  • change the "target" portion like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRiSM v10\prism.exe" /Cancel_V11=True
You can use this shortcut to start the beta version as you please
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com