second activation

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
Aldebaran1011

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:12 am

Hello,
My laptop with Prism Pro has crashed, and I want to use my second activation to install Prism on my new laptop.
What is the right procedure for this? (downloading, activation)
Best Regards
henk
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:17 am

the second activation is actually automatic, you just need to enter your license on the second computer and PRISM will unlock
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Aldebaran1011

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am

Thanks,
I have downloaded the file and installed everything on my new laptop under Windows 10.
Everything works fine, also the plate solving with Gaia (see topic Forum - The Software - Skychart - Plate Solving with Gaia catalogue)

One strange thing:
If I want to do an Automatic Calibration on a plate which has already been solved, (Photometry - Automatic Calibration), I get the massage: "This is a version 11 feature, being tested, be patient or apply for Beta Test!".
Followed by:
"Operation de Pointeur incorrecte".
After that the programm stops and I have to restart it again.

It happens with UCAC 4, but also when the Gaia catalogue is used.

After a second installation I did, this still happens.
As this has worked always very well on my former laptop since I started with Prism in the beginning of 2016, it sounds very strange.
Any idea how this can happen?
Regards
henk
Vkagnihotri

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 am

Dear Friend
Good morning

Ahhhh! " "This is a version 11 feature, being tested, be patient or apply for Beta Test!".

I am confident that Mr. Cyril is well busy for developing PRiSM v11 version. You just again reinstall PRiSM v10 to version 10.3.46 and Just do not update to 10.3.49, when it ask by default once PC is connected to internet, as there was a issue in version 10.3.49 regarding photometry....I saw it much earlier and discussed with Mr. Cyril :)

Btw, Version 10.3.49 have tab for GAIA DR2 catalog, the required files will be provided soon...we have to wait till then... :D

Also local astrometry.net solutions have two links in version 10.3.49. old one works well and new one is PRiSM v11 feature ..I guess.. :P

You have to use 10.3.46 till then next updates comes.

Cheers
Vikrant, India
Aldebaran1011

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:24 am

Dear Vikrant,
Thanks for your advice, I tried that.
Uninstalled Prism with Windows10-configuration-apps: uninstall
and removed also all files under Documents, and installed Prism again. (10.3.48.415, without further update).

The problem is still there.
Difference is that the first message is in French now: "Cest un function de la version 11, en course de test, soyer patient... ou postulez pour etre un beta testeur!", followed by "Operation de Pointeur incorrecte".
After that the programm stops and I have to restart it again..

After that I tried to get a new setup-prism.exe file, but the download from the website is promished but not received (?).

So it seems that the problem is also in V 10.3.48.415.

Is it possible to download and install the older version Prism V 10.3.46 ?
Best regards
Henk, NL
Vkagnihotri

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Hello Friend

If Prism web server itself updated older version by new then I guess it will be difficult to get older one.

Just update with latest one and send a test mail to me at agnihotri80.vk@gmail.com. I will share PRiSM.exe (version 10.3.49.420), this was send to me by Mr. Cyril, once issue was fixed.

I guess, it will be updated soon with PRiSM v11, but if you need now I may share.

Regards
Vikrant