RESOLVED!! First night as license holder and just error after error

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
rottielover

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:27 pm

You guys are the absolute best!!!

I cannot express enough how thankful I am. We got on a remote session and figured out the driver issue with my equipment and I'm up and running!!!!

What in the world do these errors mean and how do I fix them?

Error

Guiding Failed : FindMostProbaleHistoV !

I was able to calabrate but when I hit "Start" this is the error I get. If I fiddle with settings on the guide cam I can get it to work sometimes, but I have no idea why, usually by changing the binning. My guide cam is the ZWO ASI291mono mini

2nd error, after I platesolve from the main camera (ZWO 1600mm-cool) now I get this:
Telescope ASCOM, general error into order loop, hardware link dropped [EQMOD ASCOM Driver] -> SyncToTarget() RaDec sync was rejected

When that error appears Prism drops the connection to my mount completely. This one is super frustrating.
Last edited by rottielover on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottielover

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:48 pm

So I did a lot of searching and ended up on the french language forums using google translate. There was a user over there who was getting a bunch of strange error's also and I noticed that he mentioned switching from the ZWO native drivers to the ASCOM drivers for the camera's.

I tried that and BINGO, I was able to guide and able to finally sync the mount. So I am not sure what's up with that. I hope someone much smarter than me can figure that one out.

Now if I can just figure out why my platesolving is taking so long and giving me so many issues I think I might have a shot at getting this working.
rottielover

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Clear skies here tonight ( April/20/2019) I'm going to go back out and give it another round tonight.

If there's anyone who can help me out I'm in Central Time USA and I'd be willing to do a screen sharing type of internet meeting / call ( Zoom meeting or similar)

I'll be checking this forum periodically today and tonight.
rottielover

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Tonight's error - After platesolve completed and I click YES to sync

"Telescope ASCOM general error into order loop, harware link dropped [EQMOD ASCOM Driver] -> Cannot invert matrix with Determinant=0"

The typo exists in the error string so I left it in case someone has a match.

So I cannot build a pointing model tonight because prism drops the connection to the mount after it platesolves an image.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:42 pm

rottielover wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:27 pm
What in the world do these errors mean and how do I fix them?

Error

Guiding Failed : FindMostProbaleHistoV !

I was able to calabrate but when I hit "Start" this is the error I get. If I fiddle with settings on the guide cam I can get it to work sometimes, but I have no idea why, usually by changing the binning. My guide cam is the ZWO ASI291mono mini

2nd error, after I platesolve from the main camera (ZWO 1600mm-cool) now I get this:
Telescope ASCOM, general error into order loop, hardware link dropped [EQMOD ASCOM Driver] -> SyncToTarget() RaDec sync was rejected

When that error appears Prism drops the connection to my mount completely. This one is super frustrating.
This sounds like a bad sync problem, the driver has pushed back on the coordinates. Time and date ok in the driver?
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:43 pm

rottielover wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:48 pm
So I did a lot of searching and ended up on the french language forums using google translate. There was a user over there who was getting a bunch of strange error's also and I noticed that he mentioned switching from the ZWO native drivers to the ASCOM drivers for the camera's.

I tried that and BINGO, I was able to guide and able to finally sync the mount. So I am not sure what's up with that. I hope someone much smarter than me can figure that one out.

Now if I can just figure out why my platesolving is taking so long and giving me so many issues I think I might have a shot at getting this working.
I recommend cooling the camera well to reduce noise, use gain/offset that reduces noise and binning your images. Binning help reduce the size of the stars if you have bad focus, collimation issues, etc..
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 pm

rottielover wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:42 pm
Clear skies here tonight ( April/20/2019) I'm going to go back out and give it another round tonight.

If there's anyone who can help me out I'm in Central Time USA and I'd be willing to do a screen sharing type of internet meeting / call ( Zoom meeting or similar)

I'll be checking this forum periodically today and tonight.
I am here to help you this weekend, just let me know hyperion.astronomy@gmail.com
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:45 pm

rottielover wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Tonight's error - After platesolve completed and I click YES to sync

"Telescope ASCOM general error into order loop, harware link dropped [EQMOD ASCOM Driver] -> Cannot invert matrix with Determinant=0"

The typo exists in the error string so I left it in case someone has a match.

So I cannot build a pointing model tonight because prism drops the connection to the mount after it platesolves an image.
worth investigating further, please reach out to me directly via email, I am here to help you.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
rottielover

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:13 pm

cannot thank Hamza enough. thank you thank you...

So couple things with my setup... 1 - I'm using two of the same brand camera's, the 1600 and the 290mini from ZWO. We switched one to the ASCOM driver and the other to the native ZWO driver, and that cleared up all the issues with guiding and platesolving

2- little more minor, but we tweaked my guider cam settings to use "Smooth Image" instead of 3x3 bin to eliminate hot pixels on the guider, and it's working very smoothly.

3 - also increased the DEC time to 15 seconds to help with the backlash.

Voila, I'm up and running!!
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:24 pm

You're welcome Sir, it was a pleasure to see you back and running.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com