[SOLVED]Image not being displayed

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
edstuckey

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 am

Still setting everything up so I can use prism tomorrow night, supposed to be clear.
I opened fits image from one I took in SkyX.. The image window opened with a big X across the screen and a message “ No display, Remote Desktop control.” I can right click and successfully plate solve the image.
I even tried to an image supplied in prism M82, same result.
There must be a setting to have the image displayed.
rottielover

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:56 pm

I saw this just the other night. There is a setting in your prism setup a checkbox that says something to the effect of “use prism from a remote site images will not be displayed”

I think it’s supposed to save on bandwidth or screen refresh time. Uncheck it
edstuckey

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm

I just posted in a new topic. I believe you are supposed to check it. It was unchecked when I went into the settings. I will verify tomorrow.
edstuckey

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:11 am

You are correct, uncheck it. The next time launching Prism it asks if you want proceed with remote display option, yes or no. Not knowing what it meant at the time, I said yes. That what caused my problem. Just say no and do not ask again. Everything works OK.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:28 am

there a checkbox that needs to be unchecked under software settings > Interface tab
Attachments
remote desktop.png
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com