[RESOLVED]Automatic Focus

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
edstuckey

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am

After selecting a star for the Automatic Focus procedure. The window where you enter starting step point, midpoint end point, step size and iterations. The tutorial videos show 2 buttons, optimize step and optimize gap which is supposed to populate the fields based on the current focus reference.
Those 2 buttons do not show up on my automatic focus window. Where can I find them. Using a laptop running Windows 10.
I thought it might be a display problem, ran simulation mode in prism on my desktop computer and optimum step and optimum gap do not show up.
Appreciate any help, clear night tonight.
edstuckey

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:02 am

Update, the automatic video show what I am seeing. It in the blog on automatic focus that Hamza discusses optimum gap and step.
rottielover

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:18 pm

What focuser are you using? I have a moonlight 2.5" and I don't get those buttons either.

My procedure has been to get "close" using a Bahtinov mask, then kick-off the automatic focus routine, let it run, and voila.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:46 am

if you have checked the box highlighted in the attached image, those bottons will not appear. If you uncheck that box, those buttons will come back as per the tutorial
Attachments
Focuser step mode.png
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
edstuckey

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:26 pm

After speaking with Hamza, I finally know how focusing works in Prism.