Connect window is cutoff and not resizable

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
Skyshooter

Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Newbie here, so far I'm getting along with Prism okay, but after connecting to my observatory equipment I get a box that is supposed to show me what is connected successfully, I get the window but only a small part of it. No way to resize it either. I'm pretty sure everything is connected but it would be nice to know as soon as the connect is made.
cutoff_info_window.PNG
I'm also having a lot of issues getting the trapezoid in guiding, it is always close but fails and nothing continues. I will investigate on my end further, I am also only getting my guide camera connecting about half the time without errors of various types. I am using an older ST-2000XM camera with internal guider and CFW8 - also a guide scope and sBig ST-i guider when I'm shooting Narrowband. It's the ST-i that causes errors, I assume because they are both USB connected sBig cameras, again I will try some ideas I have before assisting in help on that. The next two nights are looking good as weather is fine for shooting and testing.

Chriss
Skyshooter

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Figured out the ST-i guider camera last night, Demo versions can only have one camera attached at the same time. Wasn't obvious, but as I thought I was connected to the ST-i and was trying to focus the stars never moved in size then I rotated the camera still no movement, it was then I realized the camera showing stars as #2 was only a ASCOM demo camera view. DOH! That explains that. I did connect the ST-i to PHD2 and turned off mount in Prism and just let it take care of guiding, as the ST-2000XM does have a internal guide chip, it won't work through the Ha filter I'm shooting with. SO that part was solved for at least the demo of Prism last night. I did have some errors that continued to show up while shooting sequences of shots. I took some screen shots and will update with them as soon as I get to the observatory computer and grab them with the logs. Some had to do with sBig Driver errors some with Prism itself.

Chriss
rottielover

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:38 am

Your window size thing might be a windows (OS) setting. I had to set mine to 100% size (I'm sorry off the top of my head I don't remember exactly where this is). Prism seems to use the OS to draw all it's windows and if you have any screen scaling turned on it messes with the windows.

Glad you were able to figure out your guide cam issue