Switching setup configurations

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
spectrasouth

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:22 am

Sometimes I need to switch between different cameras or other hardware and software configurations, so is it possible to do this in PRISM?

Cheers,
Bernard
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 am

Good morning Bernard

Thank you for your question. You can save different camera configurations and reload them as you please, this especially helpful someone with a CCD and a DSLR for example. The other pieces of hardware can be switched very easily in their respective tabs.

I am attaching the camera profile tab, you can see a save and load buttons at the bottom which enable you to have multiple camera profiles.

Please let me know if i can be of any further help.

Thanks
Attachments
Camera selection.PNG
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
spectrasouth

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Hamza,

Ok, I can now see how different camera configurations are saved, but is there anyway to save different complete (all hardware, software and Skychart settings) configurations? For example, if I want to use my laptop to run two different observatories (my situation) is there one loadable file unique to each observatory that I can load to restore all PRISM settings for that observatory?

Cheers,
Bernard
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi Bernard

Yes, That feature is available and will produce a file that will include all your settings ( skychart, equipment, etc..). Go to Settings > Software setup management > Save software setup to file. This way, you can have multiple configuration at your fingertips.

Tip: I use dropbox as a universal medium to save my configuration files so they are accessible everywhere :D

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and thanks for raising a great question.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
spectrasouth

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Excellent ... just what I was hoping to hear!

Cheers,
Bernard