Is there a "demo" mode?

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
Alnitak

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Hey guys,
I've finally got all my hardware set up ,I think properly, in the settings.
Now I've got clouds here fro probably the next few days. So I want to do a fake or demo run-through in my house. I don't have a permanent dome setup. Unfortunately, when I connect everything and try to move the scope it tells me this.
Which makes perfect sense. The scope cannot move to an object without knowing where it currently is located.

So is there a way for me to manually input its current location so the scope can pretend to move to the new location?

At this point, my only option seems to be to do the King or Drift alignment. Kinda hard from the living room.... ;-)
E.S. 127mm ED, SV70T, Celestron CGX, ZWO ASI1600mm w/ Baader LRGB Ha OIII SII filters, Orion 50mm guide scope with S.S.A.G.

“The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.” - Carl Sagan
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Good evening

If you have a Celestron mount it is mandatory to align it first by doing a quick start for example so that the mount itself knows where it is geographically, know the time in order to calculate sidereal time. When the mount recognizes the alignment, then the celestron driver can tell Prism where it is at.

Please try this and let me know :)
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Also, you can use Prism indoors without any equipment by choosing the simulator option int the hardware setup for the mount and camera. This should give you enough to do most things.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Alnitak

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Thank you.
So just to be clear, I need to do the alignment with the hand controller before I connect the usb cable?
Yes, I'm using a Celestron CGX mount.
E.S. 127mm ED, SV70T, Celestron CGX, ZWO ASI1600mm w/ Baader LRGB Ha OIII SII filters, Orion 50mm guide scope with S.S.A.G.

“The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.” - Carl Sagan
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 am

Good morning
Yes, I remember this from my own AVX. Celestron requires this as I remember, others might chime in.

thanks
Hyperion-Astronomy.com