Automatic Observations problem

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
wglogowski

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Hello, I have just been using the sequence feature on the camera tab but I want to migrate to automatic observation. I have two problems

1) I can't seem to load a previous configuration. When I select the configuration and attempt to open it nothing happens.

2) this is the bigger problem at the moment. When I run an automatic sequence, I get hung up when the sequence attempts to use my filter wheel. Here is a snippet of the log:

[Filters] requested #1
[Filters] Current #1
[Filters] Change request has been aborted

Then the observation is terminated.

I have a Starlight Express filter wheel that I run as ASCOM, the filter wheel is connected and I can change filters manually on the filter wheel panel. So I know the filter wheel is connected and is seen by PRISM. I want to change from filter position #1 to # 2. I do specify that I want to take an image, in the automatic observation panel, with filter #2. I think that's the problem, the filter does not change from the #1 position to the #2 position

Any suggestions?

Walter
wglogowski

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 am

Hamza I several questions that I would like to ask you about the automatic observations panel, is there a way for me to send you a PDF of some screenshots with my questions? I can't attach a PDF or word file

Walter
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 am

Good morning Walter

It is absolutely OK to ask any questions you have.What I will do instead is focus on pushing out the automatic observation tutorial video, it will be long but I with i will divide it into small segments.

Stay tuned.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
wglogowski

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:07 am

How can I send you a PDF of some screenshots and my questions, that's what I need to do to get up and running.

Walter
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 am

just email it to hyperion.astronomy@gmail.com , that simple!
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com