Selecting For Paramount

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
clupus

Wed May 02, 2018 6:43 am

Just purchased a Paramount MyT. Although I have it on the pier and can turn it on, I can't use it until I receive some counterweights and go through the balancing procedure.

Using SkyX I'm able to connect to the mount, camera, focuser etc. What selection for "Telescope" should I use when connecting to Prism? The only ASCOM selection I can use is "Simulation". Since I can't move the mount (see above) I don't know if there is a connection between Prism and the MyT.

Suggestions?

Hank
clupus

Fri May 04, 2018 4:34 am

Found the answer on the Bisque website.

Hank
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

good morning Hank

Can you please share your findings with us? I am sure someone else can benefit. Also, I have my new observatory up and running and I can make demos on how PRISM can interact with Paramounts. So far, no issue.

Thanks
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
clupus

Sat May 05, 2018 10:39 am

Hi Hamza,

Happy to help others who run into this problem.

I have a Paramount MyT mount and I was having difficulty getting Prism to connect to my mount as the MyT wasn't showing up in the choices panel for mounts. On the Bisque website there is a download called "ASCOM 2X Mount Adapter Installer. I downloaded this file to my PC and with The Sky Professional Edition running, I connected to my mount. (According to the Bisque website this will only work using The Sky Professional Edition.)

Hamza then had me minimize SkyX and open Prism. I was able to select the MyT from the Telescope/Mount panel and connect it.

So ... I'm a happy camper - Prism is running my mount, camera, and focuser.

Hank