Telescope Status issue

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
amstpils

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:56 pm

I have an AP900 When I select The mount and launch both the AP Driver and Prism launch. The mount's initial Park Position is AP's defined Park 1 with the Telescope horizontal on the West side and pointing North. Prism's "telescope status" as scope to the east. I can change the default Alt AZ , but have not found a way to change from east to west.
Unparking and going to a target appears to work OK. (I drove to Vega during the day with heavy clouds and it looked about right.) when I told it to park the scope went east and horizontal and then, after a short pause slewed to AP's Park 1. I want Park one as the Park position.
thanks Al Stiewing
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:05 pm

PRISM will park where it is told on the"parking tab" of the telescope control panel and then issue an ASCOM park command for mounts that supports. So, if you set those values to a location close to your actual park, it should work without a hitch. I do this with four mounts : (2) Paramounts and (2) Nova 120s.

The reason the values have to be specified is that some older mounts or very advanced mounts do not support the ASCOM park positions, hence why PRISM provides this alternative.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
amstpils

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:49 pm

I have the alt and az set, but the telescope is on the East side, I want it on the west so I can open my roll off roof.
Reversing az only changes the telescope from pointing North to South
Parking Telescope.png
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:24 pm

let us look into this a little more. If I remember correctly, there is an issue with SideOfPier when you get really close to the meridian line. I will discuss this with Cyril and respond back.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
amstpils

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks, Just to be perfectly clear. The telescope is physically on the west side and prism thinks it on the East side. So when it goes to the Park position Prism puts the telescope on the East side when it's told to Park. Then the AP driver moves it to the West. I need the telescope to the West to open and close my roll off roof. I can define a park position with the AP driver so if moving 5-10 degrees solves the problem that's OK. But the scope must be kept Horizonal as it roll off roof is flat and only a couple of inches of clearance overhead.
Thanks, Al
amstpils

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 pm

was just playing with the scope under the clouds.
1 if I use the AP the mount will go to Park 1 without going to the east side 1st , as happens with Prism thinking the scope is East.. I can live with use the AP driver since it loads with the telescope anyway.

2. if the last target before a Park command has the scope West, and I park using AP driver Prism shows the mount correctly on the West Side.

I will use the AP Driver and minimize the Prism scope controls to avoid confusion on my part and hopefully eliminate conflicts.

Al Stiewing
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:06 pm

great report again Al, thanks for sharing. I have had a similar situation with a customer that has a different system. Setting the park position in PRISM closer to the actual final position solved it. Now remember to share your processed images with us sometime :)
Hyperion-Astronomy.com