Sharplock/FocusLock

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
cioc.adrian.dan

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:32 am

Hey everybody. Are any of you using FocusLock/Sharplock with Prism? When I bought the software there was a button for SharpLock Calibration but now I can't find it. Was this feature removed after updates? How do you use Focuslock/SharpLock with Prism?

Thanks
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:31 am

As per my conversation with my friend Dr.Gaston Baudat at NEAIC, he has moved in a different but great direction with FocusLock. We will re-implement this to work with his new standalone software. This will all be done through APIs.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
cioc.adrian.dan

Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Well that is sad :)). So I can’t use Prism with my ONAG untill you reimplement FocusLock? Is there a work around? The main reason I got Prism was because I could use it with onag
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:35 pm

this really no us per se, they decided to change direction, for the their best at least :) . I will inquire about the implementation from the PRISM developer as well Innovation Foresight and advise. This is the least I can do.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
cioc.adrian.dan

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 am

If I understood corectly from their site, the Skyguard software is a standalone solution for full frame guiding and focusing. So that means I could just use that in parallel with Prism and not guide and focus with Prism? Does that make sense?
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:41 pm

I do still believe the programs have to communicate through API, there are actions to be coordinated still. I will inquire and advise.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
cioc.adrian.dan

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:50 pm

If I understood corectly from dr Gaston B. The Skyguard can focus and guide as a standalone solution. The software comunicates directly with Ascom. So I must give it a try, guidin and focusing with Skyguard and the rest of the workflow with Prism. Meanwhile I’m expeimenting with Prism’s pointing model :)