Tried and failed, Trying again to get Prism to work with NexDome.

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
Ron

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm

I saw I posted this in the wrong area. (How do I get a new trial) it's been a year or so and I'd like to see if I can resolve the problems.

Also - what is the difference between adanced and PRO? I see the comparison chart but it's vague and says "includes advanced features". Like what? are they worth the 150. extra price difference? or will the post options replicate what I can do in Pixinsight?

How can I get another trial on my dome computer? I uninstalled and reinstalled and it says expired.

I did manage to get it installed on my laptop. (which I don't use for astro work so it's a real pain in the rear). Last time I tried it without success was last year and the reason I didn't buy was because it would not control my nexdome.

I forgot what the problem was, so I just tried it from my laptop and WELL IT QUICKLY CAME BACK TO ME when it didn't work again from the other computer. Dome OPENED and CLOSED the shutter fine, but will not rotate.
Prism says "ROTATING". but it doesn't. And clicking emergency STOP (doesn't stop it from saying rotating). Once this appeared today I remembered that was my problem last year.

I updated Nexdome software and assumed it would be fixed (nope). There is also new software coming out again for nexdome and I hope that might be a solution. But it's starting to seem like a Prism bug.

IS ANYONE USING A NEXDOME WITH PRISM WITH SUCCESS?
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Ron

I am here to help you get your set up going and imaging successfully. I need:
- Enable the log in PRISM the moment you start it.
- Connect your dome and perform your regular commands such as slaving the the scope to your mount and slewing around.
- I will then need the ASCOM log file for the dome driver to see what it is doing.

We will help you resolve this.

P.S: I do not know if anyone else use NexDome.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Ron

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 pm

I keep considering purchasing then dealing with the support/problems since I suspect you'll get me debugged. And there is a sale now but PRO vs ADVANCED?

What does advanced offer that makes for such a increase in price? (things that I can do in pixinsight or what?)

the issue (capture) I posted this on here a year ago. I tell the dome to rotate. It says ROTATING... (STATUS) but doesn't.
I click STOP and it still says rotating... as if it's not getting the rotator status properly?

Luckily totally new firmware and drivers are in alpha testing as I type this. (it might clear up the problem).
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 am

World-class observatories using PRISM have no issue nor does my observatories across the world. Sometimes, the driver is the issue. But we are here to get you up and running.

P.S: here is the list of advanced function, it is under "PRISM" on the site: https://www.hyperion-astronomy.com/page ... ed-version
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com