Telescope Status dialog box

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
wglogowski

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:55 am

I noticed today as I was getting more familiar with the Prism interface that the UT time displayed in the Telescope Status box does not match the real UT where I live -- it is offset by +2 hours? My UT offset is -06 hrs and the display is showing -08 hrs

I know that I have the location set correctly on the Date and Place tab. I even set the location to a nearby city that was found in the dropdown list in Prism that observes the same time as I do.
1) We do observe Daylight savings time but we have not yet adjusted for that.
2) Also, the time on my mount is correct.

There seem's to be no issues with pointing, but the time is being reported to the image header info. That's a problem for any variable star work. What am I doing wrong?

Walter
UT time.jpg
UT time should be 5:17:59 and the display shows 7:17:59 PM
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Good afternoon Walter

this is in fact strange. I'd check the computer time, sky chart time/date, software default location and make sure they all align. I do not see how PRISM could decide to offset your time by two hours. A dead giveaway is the red triangle in the bottom left side of your main sky chart,

Let me know please.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com