Remote Control Switching

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
clupus

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Since Prism allows for remote operation, I'd like to be able to turn things like the mount, camera and other peripherals on and off using Prism. What type of switches or power bars does one use in order to automate some of these activities. I'm only twenty metres away from the observatory but rather than running back and forth, using Prism would be great. Also, does this mean that I have to get into "scripting"?
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Good morning Clapus and thanks for the great question

PRISM supports a multitide of power switches including, ASCOM, Vellemen cards, IP 92xx,IPX-800 (firmware<=3.05.35), etc.. The best one, and the one I use personally, is the DigitalLoggers ASCOM switch. PRISM can automatically turn on and off your power receptacles in automatic observation. You won't need to learn any scripting at all to operate all this automatically.
ASCOM Switch.PNG
ASCOM Switch.PNG (51.53 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
Auto Obs power switch.PNG
PRISM can turn on receptacles and allow for delays if a device needs time to say..home like a focuser. PRISM makes the most complex operations easy.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
clupus

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:53 am

Thanks, Hamza. This is what I needed to know.

Hank
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:46 pm

You are welcome.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com