Camera not available for focus

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
keving

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:43 pm

I have just tried using the sequencing available under the camera control panel...
I was trying to do a last minute check on the focus, just prior to executing the sequence, when I received a message that the camera was not available for focussing. After a while I figured out that this was because the sequence panel was up (although sequence not started yet). Dismissing the panel released the camera.
This seems to be a rather aggressive policy for the camera use... I would have thought that, as long as the sequence isn't actualy running, then the camera should be available?
The same applies to stopping a sequence and restarting it. It would be really useful to be able stop a sequence, refocus, and start again (after some editing of completed events etc).
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello Kevin

Are we talking about the manual sequence button from the camera control panel or the automatic observation? just need to be sure I understand here. Was the camera downloading a frame maybe?
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
keving

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

It was the manual sequence button from the camera control panel..
I had yet to start the sequence so it wasn't downloading...

Thanks
keving

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Seen this problem in another session two nights ago... If the sequence panel (available form the seuquence tab on the camera controls) is open, no auotfocus available with te same camera
???
airwolf599

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 am

I can confirm this post. Tried it yesterday. When the sequence window is open no autofocus is available.

Wolf
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 pm

I will, try an produce this issue on my own setup tonight and report back
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com