Autoguiding Issue

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
jimgrubb

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:35 pm

When I try to run autoguiding I get this error:

Process exec after readout error!
Screenshot (6).png
When this happens the guide camera stops working and I can't shut it down by pressing the stop button. I get the error message:

Can not close this panel. It is managed by autoguiding process panel, that need to be closed first!
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (8).png
At that point I have to shut down Prism and re-start. When I try it again, the same message comes up.

I'm calibrating fine, but when then starting the guiding it's not working.

I'm running Prism V10 Advanced 10.3.42.385 on an intel i7 32GB memory and Windows 10.

I have attached screen shots to show the messages.

Thanks,
Jim
keving

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:57 am

I have seen a similar thing..
Looks like its caught in some self-referential loop and you have to shut down
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Good morning Mr, Grubb

Thanks for sharing, are you using two actual ASI1600s for imaging and guiding? if so, how did you set them up in the camera setup? This can make all the difference.

Thanks
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
jimgrubb

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi Hamza,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using two 1600 cameras, the imaging camera is the 1600-Cool and the guiding camera is the non-cooled 1600. This makes it easy to tell the difference in the setup. I'm using the 1600 guide camera because I'm using the ONAG guider. If I can get the guiding working, I'm also hoping to be able to use Focuslock.

I don't see any information in the documentation on how to get Focuslock running but I do see the calibrate button in the guiding tab. I'm guessing I have to have guiding working for Focuslock to work.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to get this running correctly.

Thanks,
Jim
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 am

hi Jim

I believe there is some issue with having two of the same camera working at the same time. Are they connected through their native ZWO drivers or through ASCOM? SO they should be connected as “Cqmera 1” and “Camera 2”.

I will make sure that you are up a and running, no worries.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com