Moonlight Focuser Problem

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
clupus

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 am

When I go into Hardware Setup and Focuser#1, I choose ASCOM Focuser. Under Focuser type I choose Moonlite DRO Focuser driver. When I click on Properties it comes up blank and I can only choose Cancel.

I have a SBIG SXL8300C camera which I know controls the focuser.

Prior to using the above camera, I was always able to put in the Properties section, the number of steps etc. for the Moonlight Focuser. With the SBIG, as stated above, I cannot. When Prism is connected to the mount, focuser, and camera, and I try to focus, the panel that comes up has numbers that don't correspond to what I used to have before, using a different software program and different camera.

I need suggestions as to how to proceed. I've been able to get the SBIG positioned in the draw tube so that I can get reasonably focused stars. I'm now in a position to use auto focus but don't know how to set the numbers.

Hank
clupus

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:15 pm

O.K. I've managed to get into the Moonlight Focuser Driver Properties and have it set up as before with a maximum of 8000 steps etc.

In Prism - the Focus panel:

Current position is 1.002 abs.mm
242 Rel.inc.
N/A Abs.enc.
Min-max position 8000[33.120mm]
Direction Positive
Position 0
Motion/enc.step 4.14

Since the skies will be cloudy tonight I have no way of testing this setup. Any insights into these numbers etc., would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hank