Focuser Question

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
clupus

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 am

Hi Hamza,

Thanks for the new video on automation. It's a great help.

I have a Moonlight Focuser and a SBIG STF8300C camera which is plugged into the ST4 port on my Skywatcher EQ 6 mount. When I do the hardware setup for the focuser I have two options - "None" or "ASCOM". I know the focuser is ASCOM driven (drivers installed). If I choose the ASCOM option and select the Moonlight focuser I get a blank box. If I select "None" I get a message that says - "This focuser is bound to Camera #1" (My SBIG).

Question: Is this message telling me that the focuser is ready to use in the various Prism options? (Auto focus etc.)

Hank
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks, that video was a lot of work and I hope it helps a lot of people. As for the focuser, please take a screenshot and let me see what you are seeing.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
clupus

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi Hamza,

I think I fixed it but I'm not sure how. I spent some time today (cloudy and snowing as usual) to read the manual, going through the setup procedure one step at a time. I now have the focus panel up on my screen and the CCD camera panel (at the bottom) says guiding: SBIG camera relays guider. Am I to assume that this means that everything is setup and working as it should?

An unrelated question: I'm going to attend the NEAF conference in Sufferin N.Y. in April. Will you folks be in attendance?

Hank
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Excellent news Hank, I figured it was a small issue. Yes, we will be at NEAF to meet all of our customers In Attendance. My hope is to propagate PRISM to as many beginners as I can, this will help them get a Great start and save money and time.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com