Paramount ME setup

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
jwj1217

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:19 pm

As soon as the weather improves in the midwest I will try and demo Prism. In preparation I'm curious if others are using it with a Paramount ME . How does it interact with Sky X? TPoint models? Any tips will be helpful.

Thanks,
Jim
Dan

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:17 pm

I am using Prism 10 with a Paramount ME II and a MYT. I am also using it on an AP Mach 1 GTO and and AP1600. My friend is using it on his CGE-Pro.

For my MEII and the MYT I built a t-point model with the sky-x. The SkyXPro with the t-point model runs in the background like a software driver.

I forget it is even around when I am using Prism 10. I have been using the SkyXPro for a few years. Once you get Prism 10 set up you can pretty much forget about the SkyX.

I am a newbie with PRISM 10. Been using it about 3 months. In the past I used the SkyX Pro, Photoshop CC, PixInsight, MaximDL, CCD Commander, CCD stack, CCD Autopilot and ACP. All these programs combined cant even begin to do what Prism 10 does. I dont see myself ever going back to these programs.

Dan Merrick
www.rabbitholeobservator.com
Dan

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Sorry;

My web site was mispelled:

www.rabbitholeobservatory.com
jwj1217

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:45 am

Thanks Dan. So I assume you are using the ascom compliant telescope driver for the skyx? I assume you have prohibited Sync in order to protect the tpoint model. Are you leveraging directGuide? Is there anything you did not select on the driver setup page? Do you leverage the focus routines within Prism? SkyX has focus3 which seems to be a nice improvement over prior approaches.

My journey is similar to yours. Have purchased most of the software you are referring too. I'm a fan of simplifying.

Jim
Dan

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 pm

We can get together sometime on team viewer. Im taking my me2 and myt down to move it from TN to AZ to get more imaging time. Only get 2 to 5 nights a month here in TN