Flip Flat

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
Craig

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 am

I use a Flip Flat as a dust cover at my remote observatory. Can I control it with Prism to open when imaging begins and close when imaging ends?

Thanks!

-Craig
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Craig

Yes you can as long as your driver supports this through scripting. You can build a .bat,.exe or.pgm scripts to do this for you. I would consult with the manufacturer to see of they can provide these scripts for you. Some of our users here have developed their own.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
RussD

Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm

I have a custom flat panel that can be activated this way.

But do you have to create a script to activate the flat screen and take of flats or is there an option for activating an script or .bat from Prism as part of automatic flats

Thanks

Russ
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Tue May 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi Russ

You can execute a script at the end of the automatic observation to do just that, we offer a way to do this at the end of the session. However, our roadmap includes a few very exciting features to make the user experience that much greater.

In the meantime, you can just use the flat field acquisition tool to shoot your flats, it is under Observatory > Calibration Frames > Flats. You choose all the settings that apply and PRISM will adjust the exposure to acquire the best flats for your chip.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com