Connecting guide camera SX lodestar

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
Ron

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 pm

I've reformatted the drive, installed the OS and starting a new with Prism. I like it a LOT MORE With a working registry.

So everything is working well so far... except. When I go to connect the lodestar I get " file can't be found". I looked and it's in the prism directory?
nolib.JPG
nolib.JPG (17.18 KiB) Viewed 2027 times
I forgot how I had this configured last time. Currently. I have SELECT CCD CAMERA option selected is Starlight Xpress camera (all USB types). IS this correct? or should I do ASCOM and select lodestar from the ascom selection menu?
(THAT way does work). but I think someone advised me to use the (all USB types)?
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:59 pm

what does ASCOM say when you try and connect it that way? can you ensure your reinstalled the driver after the wipe.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Ron

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 am

I set it up a different way and it seems to work? (but is it the best way?) I want great guiding.
I think you had told me to use the ActiveX / usb option. That is what errors.

I now have it set as...

Camera #2
CCD camera selected is ASCOM camera
camera selection (driver in ascom opens) I select star light xpress lodestar.

But I think you had said I should selct (CCD camera... Starlight Xpress camera (all usb types?)
If I select that, there is no other option. (other than use camera embedded guiding relay port ? ( UNCHECKED) unless one uses a cable? (I do not).

If I do this it says the dll can't be found. (but I do see the .dll in the prism directory.