Cloud sensor, Obs. Conditions

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
Fellside

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am

Hi

I have a AAG Cloudwatcher.

Does Prism display the the state of the Cloud sensor? Weather it is Safe or Unsafe.
There is a field in the Telescope Status/Cloud Sensor tab called Obs. Conditions. It always seems to show a ? Should this be displaying Safe or Unsafe as read from the Ascom Safety moitor driver for example or is the indication displayed elseware?

Also does Prism react to the Cloud sensor when running in "manual" mode? I see there is a tick box in Atomatic Obsevations/Image Grab Options for auto mode.

Regards
Graham
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Yes it does, it will be under the telescope status window that opens up. You can find this under observatory > telescope status. There are a few tabs and this will be a few clicks to the right. I will post screenshots shortly.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Fellside wrote:
Also does Prism react to the Cloud sensor when running in "manual" mode? I see there is a tick box in Atomatic Obsevations/Image Grab Options for auto mode.

Regards
Graham
No. This is only taken into account during automatic observation. Is there a way to do this on the hardware side as a failsafe ?
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Here is the actual screenshot of where it will be. Keep in mind that your equipment has to be connected to see all the dataImage
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Fellside

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Hamza,

Thank you for your reply.
I have an AAGCloudsensor and all the fields except the wind measurements are displaying data.
The "Obs. Condition" field at the lower part of the Cloud Sensor display always displays "?" I have been told that the AAG does not provide the correct data to change this field. A simple "Safe or Unsafe" would be all that is required.
I can arrange for my Dragonfly unit to close the roof. But it would be good to have Prism motoring the state of the clouds when doing testing or grabbing a few subs in "Manual mode.
There are always more features in Prism to discover and start to use in a sequence. There are also features that I hope are in V11. I`m still learning Prism. But most of the time it does what I want and runs a sequence from startup to shutdown with few problems.

Regards
Graham
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:01 pm

I appreciate that very much Graham. I will start a thread for a wishlist that customers want to see in V11. We are always trying to improve PRIMS and we know it is going to go very far.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Observatory Grömme

Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:10 pm

I encouter a problem with not beeing able to see every value on the Cloud Sensor tab.
I have a AAG Cloudsensor, i have setup: Boltwood Cloudsensor II or Shelyak Sentinel and i use the dat file on a remote network folder.
In the beginning i saw everything except the wind direction. But now i only see Sky temp and Ext temp. Does somebody has got any idea what the problem is?

Also it says: data grabbed 10s. ago and then counting up, untill one hour or more. ( Underneath is still visible: Pool device each 10s, but apparently this does not happen. )

Thank you in advance.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:36 pm

We are on it, we will advise when this is implemented
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Observatory Grömme

Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:35 am

Dear Hamza,

Any updates on the topic? Did you already managed it? I would like to start automatically observing but then i need the reliability of the AAG Cloud data.

Thank you
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:13 am

I will have an update on this in the next few days
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
kora

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:45 am

I'm also affected by the cloud sensor solution's automated supernova patrol.
I look forward to reading the improved AAG protocol.

Cheers - Alexander Kora
Observatory Grömme

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 am

Dear All,

Is there an update on this problem?

For now as it seem in V10.3.65.505 the Cloud sensor data is grabbed as soon as you connect to the hardware, but after that , it does not reload anymore.
Unless you disable hardware, and then enable again.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:24 am

this has been escalated and will be again, I will have an update from the dev in the next couple of days. Stay safe out there
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Observatory Grömme

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 am

Thank you! Yes, i will try to be safe. I work as a paramedic in the hospital. Working in the nightshift on intensive care with COVID patients.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:51 pm

I wish you the best for sure
Hyperion-Astronomy.com