Filter Offsets not working

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
Mark_Kuehner

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm trying to get my filter offsets going but I'm having some trouble and was hoping someone can help me out. Under Hardware Settings, I can open up the box for my filter wheel and place the offsets in there, no problem.

Filter Offset-1.png

When I connect my filter wheel, in the column labeled Gap (ADU) it seems like this is where my offsets should show up. However, it looks like Prism pulled the filter slot column instead of the filter offset one. When the software changes filters in a imaging run, Lum will be fine. When it changes over to Red, the focus position adds 2 steps instead of the required 440 steps. e.g. Lum is at 53000. On filter change to Red it will go to 53002 instead of 53440. Green filter goes to 53003, Blue to 53004, etc.

Filter Offset-2.png

Is this a problem in Prism or the driver? Any way to fix this?

Mark
rottielover

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:52 am

Hi Mark,

I had a similar issue but I'm using a ZWO EFW 8 slot with a Moonlight focuser, there is a checkbox for the focuser settings to get it off of "steps" and over to microns, i have to get in front of prism to find it again @Hamza Touhami showed this to me on one of our Google Hangouts sessions. You should join us! These run on Saturday nights (or Sunday's if the weather is bad all over on Saturday). We could take a look there also if this setting I am thinking of doesn't fix your issue.

When I get home from work I'll look it up and post back.
Mark_Kuehner

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:06 am

That would be much appreciated. I think I saw that option somewhere while I was poking around. I’ll have to look again when I get home tonight. The Google Hangouts sounds like a good idea, thanks for that info

Mark
rottielover

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay, it was a long day today...

I found the setting, click on Settings Menu at the top, Software Settings, go to the Telescope Tab, and the bottom option is "Use focuser with encoder steps only"
prismsetting.JPG
Mark_Kuehner

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks for that. I'll check it out when I get home later tonight.

Mark
Mark_Kuehner

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Changing that setting didn't fix the issue. Instead of saying my offsets were 1,2,3,4,5 they instead were .001,.002,.003,.004,.005. I had the focuser set up correctly with the step size and initial focus position but it still doesn't work. I think the problem lies in Prism because if I use another control program the offsets work correctly using the same Ascom driver for both the focuser and filter wheel. Hopefully Hamza will see this and try to figure out a solution. I'm currently dead in the water as I can't use any filters other than Lum because I'll be out of focus. I wish they gave the option to focus per filter, that way I'd be able to at least keep using Prism.