[SOLVED]Couple of errors tonight

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
rottielover

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:37 pm

@Hamza Touhami @Cyril Cavadore

I got these tonight and Prism crashed out (back to windows desktop).
Attachments
error2.JPG
error2.JPG (15.08 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
Error1.JPG
Error1.JPG (17.25 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
jason

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:02 am

Please consider add stacktraces, these invalid reads and writes are mysteries to all of us - preferably displaying in some popup textview on crash. Compile without stripping symbols for this to work, your performance won't suffer though your binary will be a bit fatter. After that give something like abseil's stack trace
GetStackTrace -> https://github.com/abseil/abseil-cpp/bl ... acktrace.h
Get function names w/ Symbolize ->
https://github.com/abseil/abseil-cpp/bl ... ymbolize.h

it won't add a complicated dependency (in either licensing or build) but give some kind of context to these problems. I'm sure you can figure something out to give better context to debugging prism without too much trouble.
rottielover

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:21 am

I'm not a programmer but let me give my "from a user" perspective and see if it helps...

My only clue here at all is "EOS" I'm assuming that might have to do with my Canon 70D that was clicking away at the time. I had it setup on a Sequence, take 1x 5sec exposure, with 90 sec delay between exposures. Auto-write to my NightFolder for "AllSky-XXX". This is how I was doing the timelapse video I posted in another thread.

First night that worked fine, this 2nd night, errors and crash to windows desktop.

I continued to have issues throughout the night till about 2 am local, I even rebooted the laptop a couple of times between. At 2 I knew I needed to get in bed for work today so I scrapped connecting the Canon camera and just let Auto-Obs run on 3 targets.

I woke up to the log saying skyflats were done, so I assume all was well with the 3 targets, I'm going to remote desktop into my machine after my morning meetings and see what the data looks like.
rottielover

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Hey guys, I've also run into the "access error" in another area.

I'm using the 64bit version and I am trying to calibrate and stack the auto-flats from last night, screenshots of these errors attached. Let me know what other log files etc. you need/want to see in relation to these!
Attachments
prismerror-stacking.PNG
prismerror-stacking flats.PNG
prismerror-stacking flats.PNG (10.84 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
Cyril Cavadore
Site Admin

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 am

jason wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:02 am

Please consider add stacktraces, these invalid reads and writes are mysteries to all of us - preferably displaying in some popup textview on crash. Compile without stripping symbols for this to work, your performance won't suffer though your binary will be a bit fatter. After that give something like abseil's stack trace
GetStackTrace -> https://github.com/abseil/abseil-cpp/bl ... acktrace.h
Get function names w/ Symbolize ->
https://github.com/abseil/abseil-cpp/bl ... ymbolize.h

it won't add a complicated dependency (in either licensing or build) but give some kind of context to these problems. I'm sure you can figure something out to give better context to debugging prism without too much trouble.
There's tools to do that, but for reasons I cannot disclose here, I cannot use them.
I prefer to duplicate the issue here, but I need the images and parameters…
Cyril Cavadore
Principal Prism Author,
Alcor-System
www.alcor-system.com
rottielover

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:34 am

Hi Cyril,

I'm happy to provide anything that would be of assistance. Today I had extra time on my hands so I decided that I would wipe my laptop and start from scratch. I have been using this laptop for a while now and I have gone through several software packages prior to buying prism. So I could have been having issues with an old driver etc.

So I spent today wiping the laptop, re-installed everything from ASCOM up. I downloaded everything fresh as well.

I am supposed to have OK skies again tonight so I will report back if I have more errors. This time I will configure to capture the log files and I can make a package of images, logs, and settings screenshots for you.
rottielover

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Going to mark this one as solved also. In case you did not see my other thread, I completely wiped my laptop and re-installed all software and drivers on it. This did wonders for me and whereas before I couldn't hardly get data, now I'm able to get 30 min subs with excellent guiding and I'm running several targets in automatic observations as I type this.

So I'm going to mark this topic as solved. If you are reading this and have a lot of random issues you are battling, you might want to consider a complete wipe and fresh setup. If nothing else this could help you find the issue eventually, but in my case it seems I had something that was stuck in there causing major issues...