Twin ZWO camera operation possible?

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
spectrasouth

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm

I intend also asking this on the ZWO Support forum but maybe you already know the answer to the following question:

Is it possible to run both a ASI174MM Mini (using ASCOM) and a ASI174MM (using Direct Show) simultaneously with PRISM Pro?
While physically different both cameras are electronically the same, AFAIK.

Cheers,
Bernard
jason

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:09 am

I've mixed using the native driver and ascom on different zwo cameras. In short as long as the devices don't have the same device opened to multiple handles (roughly meaning applications) and you don't exceed 2 zwo cameas in ascom, I'm not sure what would break. I don't use the direct show mode though as it doesn't display remotely w/ teamviewer.

Looks like zwo cameras are really popular right now.
rottielover

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Can't answer directly on those models. I've got a 290 mini and a 1600mm-cool. Up till recently I was using ASCOM driver for one and the native ZWO driver for the other in Advanced.

With the latest two updates I noticed that there have been a lot of fixes specifically around ZWO camera's, there's even a setting checkbox now to account for the camera's having a 12 or 14 bit ADC and not a 16bit ADC. My most recent session I changed to using the ZWO driver setting on both camera's and I had no issues.

I'm under the weather for a while (rain, clouds forcast for at least a week), so it might be a while till I can report more on the latest updates.