10Micron Parking Command

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
Observatory Grömme

Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:09 am

Dear All,

I have a 10 Micron, but i'm having troubles automaticly parking it.
In Prism: the only thing is that i can insert park coörinates and then prism sends the mount to this location and then i get an error:
error.jpg
But is there not a way that Prism just sends the ASCOM " Park" command, and that the mount will park at setting inside the mount? This is much better for me.

Thank you.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:50 am

so it seems the driver is not telling prism the "setpark" is supported. Can you please take a screenshot of the available driver functions like the image I am enclosing?
Capture.PNG
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Observatory Grömme

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Dear Hamza,

Mmm, i found out the other option on the driver and now it works.

But let me explain:
The driver has 2 options: Parking command and it parks by a position defined in the keypad. ( I assumed Prism just sends the Park command to the mount )
The other option is defined by the software, and now that seems to work.

But why not the option to park the mount defined by the keypad for prism? ( Maybe a feature for prismV11? )
Mount error.jpg
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:48 pm

PRISM accomodates ASCOM compliant and non compliant mounts to it has a regular park command and one that actually sends AL and AZ coordinates to the mount. I suppose a better way to do this is interrogate the mount for ASCOM compliance. If it is, then just send a plain park command. Am I in the ballpark here?
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Observatory Grömme

Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:40 am

Thank you. I will just work with option 2 of the driver.