semi automated Be star spectra script acquisition

Discuss Prism's scripting language, specialized scripts for scientific or cosmetic purposes
Olivier Thizy

Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello,

after several updates and some twicking in the code, I have added a new article in my blog about the script I am currently using:

https://observatoire-belle-etoile.blogs ... ectra.html

I have almost 35000 orders in BeSS (more than 1500 Halpha spectra), 14000 were taken with a script in PRISM... :-)

Feel free to use the script for your own private use; I got lot of help from others when writing it (special thanks to Alain M, Thierry L and Stéphane C !).

Cordialement,
Olivier T.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 am

Merci Olivier, Much appreciated resource as usual.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
rottielover

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:18 pm

If there were a reputation gifting system on this board I'd give you points!!!

This is amazing stuff, thank you for posting this!!! I will be referring back to your blog post a lot I think!
Olivier Thizy

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks for the nice comments.

I have added on my blog's article a link to a Youtube video record of a full night session. It is 7h long and doesn't have any audio (ie: raw screen capture, no editing) but it does show how it works in "real life". I sometimes play with the differents windows to show the telescope/dome, the data reduction...

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/Id2auVGFuIA

Currently at OHP observatory for the annual spectroscopy star party - and my setup is automatically running at home. Lot of good acquisition done by everyone at OHP, this is nice to see. I helped couple of folks with PRISM (specially autoguiding).

Anyway, if you have any question regarding the script or its logic, do not hesitate to ask or email me thizy@free.fr...

Cordialement,
Olivier T.