Starting a program

Discuss Prism's scripting language, specialized scripts for scientific or cosmetic purposes
Dan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Has anyone done scripting in Prism to start another computer program? I would appreciate seeing the script so I can get an idea as to how it is done.

I use a flip flat and I want to start the program and open and close the device to move closer to being fully automated.

Thanks in advance

Dan Merrick
ollie31770

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi Dan,

There's a nice write-up about scripting in Prism that's available via Help > Script help.

I just started looking at it myself. I was able to launch a simple Windows program using a text file on my desktop called test.pgm. It contains:

Print "Starting Control Script..."
ExecExternal "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe" ""

And then I executed it by hitting F5 in Prism and loading the file. Notepad launched successfully.

I don't have a flip-flat to test but you could eventually launch the .pgm script from Automatic Observations once you have it working the way you want. For example, in Observatory > Automatic Observations under the Observation Ending tab, there's an option to execute a Prism PGM script (or .bat file if that's easier).

Ollie
kora

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:15 am

Hi!

Please read my posted link.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=468

Based on these you can see that I am starting my own electronics control program. After the automatic detection, after parking and closing the roof, I turn off the power to the observatory.
Beüzemelés8.png

What is the specific question?

Clear sky by Alexander Kóra