Finding Astroids - PANSTARRS data?

PGM scripting language, search and discovery of comets, asteroids and supernova.
rottielover

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:04 pm

I was wondering if anyone was using Prism's automatic astroid finding features to process other data set's?

A friend of my in the local club gave me some FITS files from the PANSTARRS survey. People can apply and search for asteroids using Astrometrica. I was hoping that I would be able to process some of this data using prism.

Unfortunately Prism does not like something in the fits data, and gives an error " ERROR CAUTION : Exposure date must be valid "

LINK to data set: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xinx8vx4nsg40 ... 0.zip?dl=0

@Hamza Touhami Would you like to have a look at the data?
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:34 am

you can actually batch edit fits files under the File, maybe this will resolve the issue. Yes, I'd like t take a stab at the data please and thank you.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
rottielover

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 am

@Hamza Touhami Please let me know if that dropbox location doesn't work for you. I can send you the data either via dropbox or email etc.

I am able to plate solve all the samples, and I can blink them, I'm just not understanding why the Asteroid finding tool is erroring out.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:53 am

well I am sure we can figure it out, thanks for reaching out
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
rottielover

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:28 pm

@Hamza Touhami - Hey hope things are going well. I was just curious if you had a change to download that PANSTARRS data I posted?