Automatic Observations

Calibration tools, stacking, aligning,..
Viguen

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Under Automatic Observations, when creating a Target/Object list, quite often I find myself wanting to change the sequence of an object in the list. The only way I have managed to do this is in a text editor. I suspect that most people would consider this rather cumbersome.
Recommend adding a feature that allows the use to select an object and by clicking an UP or DOWN arrow increments the object up or down as many times as necessary to the desired location/sequence.
This could be a very useful enhancement in the next release.
Olivier Thizy

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello,

Select first the menu Observatory / Object to observe list. There you can open/save your list but you can also change the order in the sequence (up/down as you mentionned).

Of course, in the automatic observation, you have to select the option so that the objects are observed following the list order.

Cordialement,
Olivier
Viguen

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Thanks Olivier,
I see all the features that I am looking for in the Object list, however, what was created in Automatic observing does not load in Observatory > Object list.
I also tried to change the extension but it did not help. What works however is to edit the list in a text editor, and although it is a solution, the functions as seen in Object list should also be available in Automatic Observations (file type OBJECT LIST XXXXX.lst_obsauto).
Perhaps they serve two different functions, however, it would be nice to be able to use the list created in Automatic Observations in the Observatory ObjList and vise versa.

All the best
Viguen