Find asteroids/comets automatically

Calibration tools, stacking, aligning,..
daniel_nicholas

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:08 am

Hi Hamza,

I am an amateur astronomer member of EuroNear Project team who is searching for Near Earth Asteroids with Isaac Newton Telescope (INT) from Roques de Las Muchachos, Canary Islands. Usually, I use Astrometrica to register and blink the frames and after that I look after any moving object in that CCD field. Because this manual approach is very time consuming, I want to use Prism automatic detection tool- Find Asteroids/Comets found in the Analysis Tab. Isaac Newton Telescope has four CCD's that work simultaneously attached to the focuser. So one expousure session contains images form four CCD’s (very big field of view to maximise the chance for catching any moving object.
Prism successfully find the asteroids in CCD1, CCD2 and CCD4 with no issue but in CCD3 it crash every time in all the frames and I don’t know why. When I open the images from CCD3 it works, I can see them and blink them without issue, but in automatically mode detection tool (Find Asteroids and Comets) Prism crahses. Have you any ideea how to resolve this issue?
Here is a link to google drive where you can see the log files and download all the CCD’s.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g0Za3 ... LAw8jWe5ur

Thank you!
Best regards
Daniel Bertesteanu
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 pm

This is very interesting Daniel, let me take a look tonight and report back
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com