Prism first time user...

Use this section to showcase your successes using Prism
starhunter

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:30 am

Here is my first time deployment of Prism 10, showing my desktop with all the gear connected.(WIN 10)
connecting everything took about 20 minutes, due to the unfamiliarity of the software but it was not hard. Watching Hamza s YouTube videos helped a lot. now I just need to fine tune the rest of the settings, and try a real time outside session.
my gear is as follows :
1-AVX
2-Canon T3ia DSLR
3-AT72ED scope
4-Altair Astro GPCAM2 IMX224
5- finder guider, 50mm

In the image below you will see , all the equipment is connected nicely, the map is actively pointing in the right part of the sky, the Guider is running, and the DSLR has acquired 1 image ... this is of course in the house setup, so no DSO is shown.
All this was accomplished in about 2 hours of the installation.
----------------------------------------------
I know this is not a DSO image acquired, but just wanted to share my setup and Prism GUI with others who may have similar gear.

here is a pic.
Mitch
Attachments
IMG_4526.JPG
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:38 am

Good morning Mitch

Thanks for sharing, it seems to me you found your way around Prism rather quickly :D .

Off to a great start, please share the final images you take with us and I will put them in the "Results with Prism" section.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Vkagnihotri

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello Friends
Good Morning

I observed the Comet C/2017O1 ASSSN yesterday (28.09.17). I used prism to control all equipment (like CCD/Mount/filter wheel/focuser). The mount gone right to the target (comet C/2017O1) after plate solve using UCAC4 catalog provided by you.

I stacked comet image using prism (FITS files are not dark/flat/bias calibrated as I have to generate new files for this setup). prism did the stacking job nicely, the stacked image is attached below.

Regards
Vikrant
Attachments
C2017o1.jpg