Well I suppose I might as well post it since it's a result....
So this is about 1.8 hours of data. I messed up my session (I have some question threads outstanding about that).
Here are some details, all frames were 300sec (5Min) shot on my ZWO1600mm-cool Gen 2, at HDR (Gain 0) from a Red zone.
Since I haven't learned Prism well enough yet I ended up pre-processing and stacking using Prism, then I converted the CPA files to FITS and imported the "master" result frames to Pixinsight. From there I used Pixel Math and I added these 3 together to make a "super luminance" frame, then I used the Lum master as the Blue channel. Then I put the image through my normal workflow in Pi.
I have to say I cannot wait to learn more about processing with Prism, the calibration and stacking process was SUPER EASY and gave me great results for the data I have at hand (this data set is very poor, the focus was off, I didn't get data for a whole channel, etc.)
I think this result turned out pretty amazing considering the challenge of this dataset.
Use this section to showcase your successes using Prism
3 posts • Page 1 of 1