Skychart - Setup menu

Hello, this section will be dedicated to the tutorial videos i'll posting about using PRISM.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello

This video describes how to to set up the general parameters that govern how the skychart is displayed everytime you create a new one.

Enjoy ! :D

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Ron

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:48 pm

I watched this and another general settings one. My telescope was pointing and slewing on the starchart. But something changed and it no longer gives me a 'slew to' option.
I have the red warning sign in the lower left.

timeproblem.JPG
time2.JPG
Ron

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:30 am

This is my primary problem at this point. I've clicked "NOW" and tried use computer time... nothing makes it go away.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:14 pm

you need to go to settings > Default observing site and make sure it is set up right for your location. The skychart needs to match the main software's time and date otherwise you risk destroying your equipment. Other software won't even give you this warning.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
Ron

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:03 pm

thanks - that was all due to the corrupted files - I did a clean OS install and all my drivers, and software gain and now its working. I was doing it right but the files were not opening/closing properly.

This issue is solved. I do have a couple other little things - but still installing drivers and such and will post as I get stumped.
I'm REALLY liking Prism so far - I'm suprised it's not more popular here in the states.