Updating without internet and temp settings

Hardware and software setups, autoguiding and plate solving parameters, etc..
Terestron

Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi,

Using the free trail and really liking it so far.

Couple questions.

There is a update available but my observatory has no internet access. Is it possible to download the newest version at home and update later at my observatory?

And regarding C vs F for temp. Both my focusers show the temp in F even though Prism shows it with a C next to it. Is there a way to select imperial instead of metric for temp readings? I looked and could not find it. I know SGP doesn't allow it and one reason why I start looking for another program.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am

Very good questions indeed. One way to do this is to install PRISM on a computer that does have internet then copy Prism.exe and Prism.enu to the offline computer and just replace the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\PRiSM v10.

As for the C vs F, Not that I know of. I have to ask, is this really that important to warrant a change? what is the driving reasoning here? I am really curious about this.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com

Terestron

Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 pm

For the temperature, Prism is reading the the temp in fahrenheit from my focuser, but displays a "C" next to it. So it looks like 60C when it is actually 60F.

So it looks like Prism takes the number it is given and displays it and does not convert it. If that is the case then why doesn't it allow me to select C or F?