Taking Flats

Hello, this section will be dedicated to the tutorial videos i'll posting about using PRISM.
Terestron

Wed May 09, 2018 7:48 am

A tutorial on taking flats would help.

Not sure how to set the ADU. I want it around 20,000ADU and there is no way to set that.

Also the manual is no help and it has it in the wrong directory (calibration). I had to search for it and found it in another directory(observatory).
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Wed May 09, 2018 9:00 am

Taking flats is an automatic process to capture the best ones for your system. Knowing what your linear range is, PRISM will capture them for you automatically. it is under Observatory > Capture calibration images > Flat. The automatic observation has the same mechanism but is designed to take sky flats instead.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com

Sun May 13, 2018 9:39 am

I wrote a script to take flats using an electroluminescent panel.. see another thread on this forum under Scripts..
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=183

Kevin
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun May 13, 2018 10:10 am

The actual process is automatic: Point your telescope to your EL panel and use Observatory > capture calibration images > flats . Tell PRISM what you want to do and it will figure the rest out. The process is similar in automatic observation but using sky flats instead.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com