10Micron mount modeling?

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
brokeastronomer

Mon May 14, 2018 11:37 pm

I was told by a friend to check out Prism as it has built in modeling for 10 micron mounts. Are there any videos of this in action? Somewhere I can view the documentation or do I have to download the trial and try to figure it out while under the trial period?

Also I have a remote observatory without internet access and I wanted to install Prism there. Can I do that without buying the USB dongle or can I really not have it installed without paying extra for offline unlock?

Thanks.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 am

Hi Mike and thanks for joining us

1. PRISM can model 10micron mount natively if you put them in "learn" mode. Unfortunately, I cannot produce a video tutorial about is since I do not have access to a 10Micron myself. We have not undated the documentation to reflect these new features, but will. As for now, you can download the 80 day trial and have a crack at it if you wish, I think nearly 3 months is enough to get used a piece of software.

2. We provide unlock keys for people with offline system at no extra cost.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com

brokeastronomer

Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 am

Hamza Touhami wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 am
Hi Mike and thanks for joining us

1. PRISM can model 10micron mount natively if you put them in "learn" mode. Unfortunately, I cannot produce a video tutorial about is since I do not have access to a 10Micron myself. We have not undated the documentation to reflect these new features, but will. As for now, you can download the 80 day trial and have a crack at it if you wish, I think nearly 3 months is enough to get used a piece of software.

2. We provide unlock keys for people with offline system at no extra cost.
Excellent. I've never heard of "learn" mode so I will find out what that means in relation to my mount and try it out. I am going to attempt to find a weather forecast that will give me a week or so to learn the software and then download the trial. The way my luck goes I will be socked in for 79 days. :)
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 pm

How is you progress with modeling your 10micron Mount with PRISM? I would like your input for future reference for our users.
Hyperion-Astronomy.com

niklas

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:53 am

Hi

I have tried to use the 10 micron switch when doing a mount modell yesterday. There is as far as I can see no documentation on how to get the model into the mount.

Did anyone succeed in this?

/Niklas

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 am

You just use the function that sweep accros fields for setting/building the pointing model and check box that sends the coordinates to the 10 micron mount.
Cyril Cavadore
Principal Prism Author,
Alcor-System
www.alcor-system.com
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:50 am

Niklas

I have used the same function with a GM1000 and PRISM sends the information at the end of the run. Can you please confirm this is what you are seeing?
Hyperion-Astronomy.com