CGX mount control

CCD cameras (CMOS/CCD), DSLRs, telescope mounts, focusers, autoguiders, domes, Roll off roofs, etc..
Hick

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Has anyone had problems with the on screen mount controls for their CGX mount? The onscreen " up and down" buttons seem to work normal however the "left and right" controls both keep going once pressed and do not stop until you hit the opposite button or power down the mount. Kind of scary at full speed. ( an hitting the opposite button does not stop the situation but merely changes direction until you can power it down)

Also has anyone been able to use Prism via the USB port that seems to be reserved for PWI?
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 pm

I was hoping the Celestron owners would chime in by now
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com

Alnitak

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Hick wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:11 pm
Has anyone had problems with the on screen mount controls for their CGX mount? The onscreen " up and down" buttons seem to work normal however the "left and right" controls both keep going once pressed and do not stop until you hit the opposite button or power down the mount. Kind of scary at full speed. ( an hitting the opposite button does not stop the situation but merely changes direction until you can power it down)

Also has anyone been able to use Prism via the USB port that seems to be reserved for PWI?
Hick,

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Hopefully, you have long since solved this issue. I can tell you that using PRISM with my CGX mount the only way I was able to get them talking to each other successfully was by running NexRemote in the background first before starting up PRISM.
https://www.celestron.com/pages/nexremote

To answer your other question regarding the "PWI port", No, unfortunately not. It's kind of ashamed that Celestron has chosen to basically cripple that port for all other use.
Explore Scientific 127mm ED APO, StellarVue SV70T, Celestron CGX, ZWO ASI1600mm camera with Baader LRGB Ha OIII SII filters, Orion 50mm mini guide scope with StarShoot AutoGuider.