Scripting Callouts / Hooks from Automated Observing

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
RowlandA

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:18 am

Hi Hamza,

I looked over the scripting guide as you suggested in our thread about autofocus. The scripting language looks straightforward.

I would like to use Prism's Automated Observing feature with a callout to my script at various points during the run. For example:

1) At the start of each exposure
2) At the end of each exposure
3) At the start of an observation (set of exposures)
4) When Prism's autofocus would normally run (so I could replace it with my own)

I see how to invoke a script at the very beginning or end of an automated run, but not during the run so I could override functions with my own.

Is this possible? If not, I'm not sure how to replace Prism's autofocus routine with my own, other than writing my own automation script from start to finish, which sort of defeats the purpose of having Prism :) .

Thanks,
Rowland
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:04 pm

as you noted, Cyril has opted for the start, end and in case of trouble to execute a script, it has been like this since its conception. There is already a script designed by Alain Maury that I will post later with his permission. It does quite a bit.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com