Prism and the QHY 16A200 embedded filterwheel

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
jelake@harbornet.com

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:52 pm

I am trying to get my new QHY 16A200 CCD camera working with Prism. I downloaded the ASCOM drivers from QHY and used Prism to connect to the camera. Then I went to settings>harware settings>camera and selected ASCOM camera and in the setup window below camera chooser. In the next dialog I chose QHYCCD camera capture and pressed properties. I got another dialog (from the driver I think) describing the camera to which I said OK. Nowhere in any of these dialogs was there any mention of the camera's seven position filter wheel.
When I take an exposure with the camera, there is no option to select filters ("none" shows). I tried to install the filters as filter wheel 1. This gives me a very confusing screen that says on top "this filter wheel not embedded in camera" but lets you choose from several wheels. If you select none, you get no other choices. If you select "ASCOM filter wheel" , you get another dialog below that says "This filter wheel is located in front of camera 1". If you press select filter wheel type, you get a dialog from which you can go to properties. There I do see a filter wheel dialog that allows you to designate filters, but when you try another exposure, there are still no filters available.
I hope someone can explain the proper method to select the embedded filters for the QHY16A200 camera.
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 am

There is a known issue with the QHY driver that the developer has reached out to QHY about with little reaction. Can you please try and update ASCOM, the latest AHY ASCOM driver as well as the native. This is not isolated, there are a few cases but we will get to the bottom of this.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com