Moving Prism to a different computer

spectrasouth

Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:53 am

I recently needed to replace my city observatory PC (Win7) with a newer PC (Win10) and as I already have two copies of Prism 10 installed (one each in my city and rural observatories) I need to 'move' Prism from my old city PC to the new one. How can I do this?

I have sent two emails on this topic without receiving any reply:

A related comment/question: I believe the the French version of Prism allows three installations. If true, then the policy of only allowing two English version installations as a bit mean and constraining,

Regards
Hamza Touhami
Site Admin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:46 pm

Both the French and English versions of PRISM are exactly the same. You have three activations and we have just released a new system in 10.4 that allows computers de-activate PRISM to free up a token then activate in a new one,

Customer are always welcome to send us a request for help, we are always here to help even in a pandemic.
Hamza Touhami | Site Administrator
Hyperion-Astronomy.com
spectrasouth

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi Hamza,

I was not aware of the method of transferring tokens, or that we are allowed three copies installed ... thought it was only two. Anyway, I've now been able to transfer one installation between computers and add a third ... one each in my two observatories and one on the 'processing' desktop..

Thanks.