Graphic display

Questions and answers about the best way to get started with Prism including: est hardware to use, software settings, etc..
spectrasouth

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:41 am

I made the following comment and question in my reply to an earlier post from Olivier Thizy relating to spectroscopy. As it was probably posted to the wrong section, I raise it here again:

I've not yet used Prism in a 'live' situation, as I'm still trying to learn its capabilities, but I am impressed by most of its functions and integrated capabilities. I have to admit that I'm not yet comfortable or happy with using Skychart, being very used to using TheSky6, and I have not yet found any function that allows me to draw a window over a section of raw spectrum that will display it as an ADU vs pixel graph, as very well done in Maxim. Without that capability I am unlikely to switch to Prism, from Maxim DL, as I need to monitor raw spectral profiles as soon downloaded.

Is there a way of doing that sort of '2D to 1D' display in Prism?

Cheers,
Bernard
Cyril Cavadore
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:43 am

The best way is to perform a first spectra acquisition.
Then click "Enable statistic"
Stats.png
Stats.png (8.04 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
this will enable to select an area of the image where stats is to be computed and plotted.
The button "Mode" lets you to select which statistic mode to be used.
On the next image acquisition, a plot will be displayed.

Rgds,
Cyril Cavadore
Principal Prism Author,
Alcor-System
www.alcor-system.com
spectrasouth

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for pointing out that function, which looks very good and is probably more than I need. Is there any way to retain, on screen, the selected window outline?

Regards,
Bernard